Saturday 9 January 2010

Under the Sea..Under a tree..I wonder what the Pin today will be??

Hey everyone, well what can I say I have only done a few pin reviews and over 100 views in so little time, I am quite amazed I wasnt expecting for people to read it and enjoy it. So thankyou ever so much for taking your time to read my blog.

Well first of all I will look at the next pin in the Mirror/Locket series which is Ariel which is again limited edition 1250 and is pinpics #74757.

From first glance you can see the pin look great and it is. The symbol on this mirror is of a shell, which I think represents the shell that is used to capture Ariel's voice which the villain Ursula wears. The seaweed is an extra nice touch to the face of the pin and rounds it off rather nicely. Also the use of the glittered paint is again done beautifully.

Now when you open the pin, you see Ariel on a sparkly blue background which makes Ariel stand out quite well, and with a wreath of seaweed around the edges of the pin for extra detail makes it look like Ariel is peeping through the seaweed just like in the film.

The handle of the pin is another pink coloured shell which finishes the pin and completes it very nicely. This is a great pin on the whole and will be a great addtion to anyones Princess or Ariel collection.
Im loving the use of the sparkley coloured parts on these mirror/locket pins as they make them stand out so much more and I can not wait to see who we get for out next Princess Mirror/Locket pin.

Now Im going to look at another new release pin and it will be the Winnie the Pooh Family pin, which is pinpics #74538.

The pin features all the main characters - Winnie the pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet and Roo. This pin for me shouldnt be described as Family as it is missing Kanga, Owl and Rabbit which I think could of been added to this pin to make it more worth while.

There isnt much going on with this pin, Winnie the pooh is holding a jar of honey (he does like the honey) piglet looks happy, tigger is in the middle with his usual cheeky grin, Eeyore looks like he is happy and sad at the same time (at least on my pin he does). And finally we get to Roo, who is th only interesting aspect of this pin as he is pin-on-pin and is sitting on Tigger's arm while holding tiggers ear.

Its a nice pin but for me it is only that, If I was a winnie the pooh fan I would definatley have it in my collection but sadly Im not.
You can follow my blog on Facebook. You can find the relavent link to the right hand in the Useful link portion of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment