Thursday 21 January 2010

And the Cast Member is...

Well I had to wait a few days to make this post as I and like all the other UK pin traders will of been doing was searching for the New Cast Member pins that have been released in Disney Stores throughout the UK.

From my understanding and talking to Cast Members in Oldham, Manchester Arndale and Trafford centre stores is that each store only got 4 sets of pins. Now I have done a little math and worked out this (and its only speculation going off what the stores recieved).

There is curently 56 UK Disney Stores, each recieving 4 sets of pins so thats 20 pins per store (with me so far lol) now 56x20 = 1120 pins. Now to find out how many of each pin there is I divided 1120/5 = 224. Which means from my working out from the information from 3 stores (and assuming each store got the same amount (20 pins = 4 sets) is that There is only 224 of each pin.

Like I have said that was just me working out from the information I had been told and is only speculation and assumption but if that is the case then they are rarer than I thought they are and I hope you all think about it when looking for your own sets :) and good luck in your own search.

Now after the technical part is over, here is the fun part hehe. As I mentioned above there are 5 pins in the set, one pin for each Fab 5 character which are Mickey (#75465), Minnie (#75466), Goofy (#75467), Pluto (#75468) and Donald (#75469). And as you can see from the image, is that the pins are a resemblance of the actual name tags worn by the Cast Members in the Disney Stores we all know and love. Also the Stitch pin is added as this is how I am displaying mine when they go on my corkboard.

Each pin has the Disney Store logo at the top of the pin, as well as a silver Mickey head directly opposite at the bottom with the Name of the character in the middle of the pin with Walt E. Disney below the name. Which is a nice touch for the creator of Disney.

The side of each pin has a red line followed by red and silver stars and added within the stars is the noted Hidden Mickey symbol which is just an extra touch and a nice addition to each of the pins.

I for one love the set of the pins and I had such a fun time going from the three stores near me in search of the pins and on the way I found other LE's and older CM pins when I had missed out on the Name tag pin for that day. So I hope you all have as much fun as I did searching and lets see what other pins you will find on the lanyards in your store.

Thankyou for reading this post and I shall be back here again looking at the new Ducktales pin. So until then Thankyou all for reading and Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment