Saturday 23 January 2010

Da-Da-Da-Danger lurks behind you...

Now I''ve been waiting to look at this pin since it got added to the coming son section and its the Ducktales pin (pinpics #74758) and is limited edition 750 and the first in a line of pins from Disney Cartoons.

The pin features Scrooge McDuck, with his nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie who are sat in a pile of coins which is reminiscent from the cartoon as well as from the title screen just before the start of the episode.

Now to start off the pin is gorgeous and anyone who likes Ducktales will be pleased to have this in their collection seeing as there are not that many pins around and it is nice to see that us UK pin traders do get some new designed pins from time to time and this one is a great addition.

The pile of coins is all the sparkly glitter and give it a nice touch and really brings the pin to life, especially with the darker shaded gold to resemble Scrooge throwing the coins in the air or so I think and it just brings back memories from the show and seeing how he loves all his money. As well as more darker shaded glitter gold behind Scrooge to show more money behind him.

The dangle is a very nice touch to the pin as it is shown as that Scrooge is holding a sack of his money which he always liked to do (wouldnt we all haha) the only down side to that is one of his nephews kind of gets blocked out which isnt a huge problem but shame as then we cant see all the characters at once, unless you move the money bag dangle out of the way.

Now for me, I really really like this pin and would make any 90's kid happy and remember the good old days of cartoons and not the rubbish the children get today. The picture does not do this pin justice so if you like it from the picture you will no doubt love it up close (and buy it!)

I am moving to Ireland soon so I will start reviewing my own pin collection while I await the new pins as they will have to be bought online so I hope you will all still come and read what I think and I think in the spirit of me moving I shall review the St Patricks Stitch Pin in a few days time.

Until next time. Happy Pin Trading everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment