Friday 25 December 2009

Pin-View #3 from UP high...

Today is going to be a little different as since there is no new pins released till the 8th January, I thought I would take a look at the UP 3-pin set.


This pin set was available only as a pre-order item you got free for pre-ordering UP on dvd of disneyshopping.com. The pin set is not limited edition but I would say limited release even though the back of the pins dont say so as seeing it was while stocks last to me they are limited release pins.

You can find the set on pinpics as #72426

I think I am going to look at the Carl Fredrickson pin first of all, which is oinpics #73660. Now I have had a look at all the other UP pins as I am a collector of these and all the pins that feature Mr. Fredrickson are all in the same pose on each pin. But saying that I really like this pin as it is the only one I have of Carl Fredrickson and I really like it despite the pin being quite small but still there is lots of character in the pin and is a great addition to my UP collection.

Next I will look at the Russell pin which is pinpics #73662, the same goes for Russell pin that the same design has been used on other UP pins that have been released but again I like the fact that the design works on its own so well as much as it does on other pins with other main characters. The pin sees Russell in his Wilderness Explorer outfit we see him wearing throughout the film and has him saluting as well. Due to the small size of the pin, obviously they could not add all the detail onto this pin like his badges etc etc but what I do like is the fact you still can see the wilderness explorer emblem on his shirt which is a very nice touch I think to bring the small pin to life.

Now the pin I think everyone wants to see and is a fan-favourite from the film, is Dug which is pinpic #73661. Now there is not that much going on with this pin and is the least detailed out of the three pins in the set BUT becuase it is Dug it is my favourite one of the three, as just brings the film into my mind everytime I see the pin and is one of my best UP pins in my collection.

I guess what the Dug pin shows us is that not every pin we buy has to be the biggest, bestest pin in the world to be one of your all time favorite pins.

The pin set can not be complete without its backing card and the card for this set features Russell in the bottom right hand corner with the jungle around him, with a backdrop of Paradise Falls which is really a nice touch and really makes this set a must have for any UP collection. Now as anyone who knows me personally the only other pin that could of truly of made this set perfect would of been a Kevin pin (I could not do a UP pin-view without mentioning Kevn)

Now I have decided I will do a pin-view every 3-5 days depending on how busy I am so stay tuned and I hope you all enjoyed my review from a few pins from my own collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment